ELIGIBLE MODELS (car bodies)
1960 or newer GM, AMC, Chrysler, Ford or U.S. manufactured auto, pickups or station
wagons. No convertibles allowed.
1978 to 1988 GM metric frames only. Frames must be X-ed; side rails
must be plated where open. Front cross member may be notched and plated for fuel pump
clearance only. Weight jacks or screw jacks allowed. Frame rails behind rear spring
pockets may be cut and fabricated. Must have a minimum 108" wheel
base. Upper control arm mount only may be
notched for shock clearance. No other improvements allowed except to repair rusted
or damaged areas. See diagram.
- ROLL CAGES
Four-point roll cage constructed of 1 3/4" x .095" wall steel round tubing. One
front and one rear cross brace, recommended height at 20". The main hoop behind
driver must be cross braced . Two passenger side and four driver side door bars, with
driver side door bars slated and having two upright bars between each driver door bar.
Wing window bars on drivers side mandatory; passenger side recommended. Foot protection
bar (may be plated for added safety). Two front support bars must start at cross brace
height at roll cage corners and extend forward to frame. Four rear support bars must
extend to frame, two starting at the rear cross race at roll cage corners and two from the
top corners of the rear cage hoop. See diagram.
Halo bar must have one crossbar running either in front to back or diagonal
made of 1-3/4" X .095" wall steel round tubing.
- DRIVERS COMPARTMENT
High back aluminum racing seat is mandatory. Seat must be bolted in with six
3/8" Grade 5 or Grade 8. Four bolts in the seat bottom and two in the seat
back. A window net with buckle release mounted on the top left corner is
required. All roll cages must provide a minimum of two inches of clearance
measured from the top of the roll cage to the top of the drivers helmet when
driver is seated and strapped in driving position. The center of the
steering wheel must be padded and all roll bars that the driver could
contact must be adequately padded.
- * Production passenger car, stock or after market template/straight-up style steel,
aluminum or plastics front fenders. Hood must be steel, aluminum
or fiberglass and the back of the hood must be sealed down completely. Door panels
and rear quarters to be
stock or sheet metal or aluminum. No door handles, locks moldings, factory plastic or
chrome accent pieces left on the stock panels. Factory or after market plastic nose and
tail pieces are okay. Rear of car, fender to fender above bumper to be completely enclosed.
Nose of car must look stock appearing and neat looking - no wedge type or late model
noses. NO wedge type bodies. No holes in hood or
hood scoops. Hood pins to be used in hood and trunk. Stainless steel windshield screen
must be no less than .063" for mesh larger than 1/2" or no less than .035"
for 1/2" or smaller mesh (no larger than 1" mesh screen allowed) to cover entire
opening with three upright braces top to bottom of 3/8" or larger solid rod. Spoiler
allowed on rear of trunk lid not to exceed 6" high or wider than
the width of car and
no sideboards. Two and one-half inch (2 1/2") nonfunctional hood scoop allowed.
RACERS - YOUR CAR MUST LOOK STOCK TO RACE.
- Body parts must be neat and well painted. Car numbers must be painted a contrasting
color and numbered between 00 and 99. Numbers must be painted on both sides and roof to
face grandstand. Numbers must be at least 16" high and 3" wide. Numbers of
legible size must also be placed on the front and rear of the car to aid in line-up.
- The car, at its widest point including rub rails, may not exceed 78".
- Absolutely no air induction of any type allowed.
- No rear windows allowed for safety reasons.
- Hood must be in place and secured at all times to
- American made production V-8 engine blocks only. Must be production cast iron block with
standard external measurements in all respects with the exception of the permissible .060
over bore maximum. No aluminum, Bowtie, Rocket, SVO, 'X', or 'R' blocks allowed. No
removing of identification numbers. No grinding or lightening.
- O.E.M. stock production crankshafts with I.D. numbers intact
or O.E.M. replacement (minimum 48 pounds). No light weight cranks. No
knife edging. No offset grinding. No undercut counter weights. No
drilled centers on bearing journals.
- Forged connecting rods only. Must remain stock length for the block being used (except
400 Chevy may use 5.7 rod). No titanium or aluminum rods. H beam allowed.
- Any flat top or reverse dome piston may be used as long as it has the stock wrist pin
height for the engine being used (except 400 Chevy). Valve relief may be cut into the
piston. No portion of the piston may protrude above the top of the block.
- Any Hydraulic or flat tappet steel camshaft with a maximum of .500 lift measured at the
retainer. Stock diameter tappets only. No mushroom or roller tappets allowed. No stud
girdles or rev kits. Standard timing chain only - no gear drive or belt drives will be
allowed. Roller rockers and roller tipped rockers allowed. No shaft rockers.
- * Cylinder heads must be stock steel production
or World Products S.R. #'s 4266B, 4267B, 4360 or 4361, or Sportsman II
heads #'s 1115, 1125, 1215 or 1225. If using Sportsman II heads you will
be allowed no more than 11.00 to 1 compression ratio. No Bowtie, fuel injection
type, SVO, W2, GT 40 or after market heads allowed.
will allow the use of GM Vortec steel heads with casting numbers
10239906 and 12558062. There will be no sanding, polishing, relieving,
grinding, porting, chemical treating, abrasive blasting to any part
of the head with the exception of machining to the valve spring pocket
to relieve spring bind and the shortening of the valve guide to allow
for valve lift. The addition or removal of material to the ports or
combustion chambers or any alteration to the original form will not be
allowed. The valves must remain 1.50 inch exhaust and 1.94 inch intake
and at the stock 23 degree angle. The only intake manifolds that will
be allowed to be used with the Vortec heads will be unaltered Edelbrock
part numbers 2716, 2913 and 7516 no exception!)
Only two valves and one spark plug per
cylinder. No titanium parts in the valve train allowed. Intake and exhaust ports must be
in the original as cast configuration. Any evidence of any sanding, polishing,
relieving, grinding, porting, chemical treating, abrasive blasting, alteration to the
original form or the addition of material to the ports or combustion chambers is strictly
forbidden. No external sanding, grinding or removal of I.D. numbers or symbols. Valves
must be stock production size and in stock location. Small block Chevy maximum valve size
is 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust, measured across the face of the valve. Stock
production valve spring diameter for heads used only. Screw in studs and guide plates
allowed. No chemical or ceramic work allowed in internal areas of intake or heads.
Standard cylinder head reconditioning procedures are ok, including head
surfacing to correct warping, valve guide reconditioning, and valve seat
reconditioning. All repair work done on valve seats must not extend more
than 1/4" away from the valve seat.
- Oil pump must remain in stock location. No dry sumps or external oil pumps allowed.
After market oil pans and breathers are allowed. Oil cooler, if used, to be in engine
- Stock production cast iron intakes on engines over 365 cubic inch. Following aluminum
intakes numbers allowed on 365 cubic inch or less - GM: Victor Jr 2975 or 2972 and 2101,
Weiand 7546 or 7547. Ford: 2981 or 2760 and 2665 or 2750, Cleveland 7516 or 7517. AMC:
2930 or 2035. Chrysler: 2915 or 2176. Edelbrock: 7101 and 7501. After market or stock
intakes to remain untouched. NO Marine type intakes.
- Stock cast iron exhaust manifolds or inexpensive headers okay. No 180 degree headers or
step headers. Exhaust must exit under car, behind driver and be angled down. Mufflers are
mandatory and car must pass noise level test (95 decibel at 50 feet)
Recommended mufflers are Dynomax Bullet 24216 or Flomaster 50 Series.
- Factory type ignition, no Multi-spark discharge or mags. Rev limiters allowed, one chip
- One (two or four barrel) carburetor only with maximum spacer height of 1 1/4". Two
return springs mandatory. No throttle cables allowed, must be mechanical linkage. Toe
strap on gas pedal required.
- Stock cast iron or after market aluminum water pump.
- One radiator stock brass or aluminum in front of motor. Metal Shroud to cover top 180
degrees of fan. No electric fans. Absolutely no anti-freeze in radiator. Two-quart
overflow can mandatory.
- Mini-Starter allowed. No reverse mounted starter. Must be able to start car.
- Engine must be centered between frame rails. Engine Set-Back to be measured as 33
1\2 from top steering box mounting bolt to rear of engine and 15 1\2 from
steering box mounting bolt to #1 cylinder spark plug. Crankshaft centerline can be no less
than 7 1/2" from bottom of front cross member.
- No traction control devices allowed.
- A 1" inspection window will be required in the oil
pan (effective in 2009).The window should be located on the left side of the oil pan
between the number 5 and number 7 rod journals.
- TRANSMISSIONS AND DRIVE TRAIN
- Steel blow proof bell housing only. Upper 270 degrees of bell housing must remain in
- Flywheel to be stock or after market aluminum. No cut down stock flywheels allowed.
- 7- 1/4" minimum diameter, steel or aluminum, single
or multi disc clutches allowed. No spoke type flex plates allowed.
OEM or OEM replacement flex plates only.
- * US manufactured passenger car or light truck three or four speed unaltered manual or
automatic transmission. The following after market transmissions
allowed: Brin part# BR170001, Falcon part # WIN60100, Bert part # BERLMZ,
Racegator part# 140002. If automatic, must use stock torque converter.
- Drive shaft to be steel, painted white, and have safety loop of minimum 1" X
1/8" thickness located within one foot of front U-joint.
- Stock rear end for frame used or Ford 9" floater recommended. Any combination okay
so long as parts are steel. No aluminum parts except drive plates and spools. No off set.
Drive flanges to be of equal distance on both sides of frame. No independent rear end
(Corvette, Jaquar). Rear trailing arms must remain mounted in stock frame locations. One
hole upper and lower for each trailing arm mount location. No after market limited slip or
ratchet style rear ends. (Example: Gold Track, True Track or Gleason, etc.)
- No gun drilled axles.
- SUSPENSIONS AND STEERING
- Steering wheel to be quick release style.
- Stock steering box and linkage only. Steering quickner allowed. Steering shaft must have
2 U-joints or be collapsible style.
- Stock intermediate metric lower "A" arms only.
Stock unaltered intermediate metric spindles and rotors except for wheel
bolt pattern and hole for outer tie-rod end. No after-market or
dropped spindles. One steel unaltered shock per wheel at any mounting position.
No externally adjustable, coil over, air or remote reservoir shocks.
No Schroeder or gas refill ports. No coil over eliminators. A
Coleman hub may be used on the front only.
- All A-frame, trailing arms, steering components and suspension mountings must remain
stock for frame, in factory frame position. Outer tie-rods ends may be
replaced by 0.625 or larger steel heim joint with a solid (no seam)
steel adjuster sleeves and jan nut only. Rear trailing arms may be
aftermarket. Must be stock length and use bushings. No heims, mono balls
or adjustable. Length measured center to center , upper 11-1/8", lower
19-1/4". Must be same measurement side to side..
- Stock dimension intermediate metric ball joints only.
- Any O.E.M. type sway bar permitted.
- Front upper control arm may be replaced with complete
steel tubular drop in replacement, one-piece control arm of stock length
(8”), plus or minus ½ of stock
length using stock ball joints. No aluminum components allowed.
- Rubber Bushing Replacement – Stock or plastic and
grease-able bushings allowed. NO OFFSET,
BEARING TYPE or MONO BALL ALLOWED.
Four wheel foot operated hydraulic brakes in working order. Dual master cylinder allowed.
Limiting or proportioning valves okay. GM Metric frames must use unaltered GM Metric
calipers only. No aluminum, after market caliper replacements.
- FUEL AND TANKS
- Pump gas only including E85, no alcohol or additives.
- Approved fuel cell to be enclosed in 22 gauge sheet metal with 2 straps in both
directions. Straps to be 1" X 1/8" steel. Ground clearance of 10". Fuel
cell protection bar on the bottom (as low as fuel cell). Minimum of 1 1/2" X .065
wall square tubing fuel cell hoop with two or more braces to frame. (One on each side of
the fuel cell.) Fuel cell to be filled from top and have approved cap. No fuel lines in
- Stock style fuel pump in stock location. No electric or belt drive pumps.
- No bottom draw fuel cells. Outlet must be on top.
- The fuel cell breather or vent must have a one-way check valve to prevent spillage in
case of a rollover.
- BUMPERS AND PROTECTION BARS
- Stock bumpers may be reinforced, ends must be strapped to fenders. Must have both bumpers
to race. Radiator protection bar may be no higher than the front of the hood or exceed
8 above the frame rail and no wider than the frame rails and may not extend beyond
the front of the bumper. Trunk protection bar no higher than rear of trunk lid. Protection
bars to be 1 3/4" X .095 wall round tubing or smaller. Side protection bars to be no
larger than 1" X 0.095 wall square tubing with the ends capped at 45-degree angle.
- All cars must have a loop, hook or other provision in the centerline of the front and
back, behind the bumper line for the wrecker to hook on to.
- WHEELS AND TIRES
- Racing steel wheels of 8" maximum width. Bead locks are allowed on
- 1" hex steel lug nut mandatory. Studs must pass through lug nut completely.
- Hoosier "E-MOD RC-4" tires only. No grooving, sipping or softening allowed.
- Check with Durometer or sniffer (100 parts per
12 volt electrical system only. One 12-volt battery only, which must be located behind
driver area and securely fastened. On/off and start switch to be clearly marked in driver
area and easily reached by driver and safety crew. It is recommended to have a main
battery kill switch located behind the driver.
Weights to be bolted securely,
(bolts must pass through frame, minimum 1/2" bolts) and painted white with car number and division on each
weight. Loss of weight during a race will disqualify driver from race. No weights in
drivers compartment allowed.
Absolutely no mirrors allowed.
- DRIVER'S SAFETY
Listed under PDTR Track Rules.
- IMCA STOCK CAR CROSS-OVER RULE IMCA
Stock Cars must run their rules with the exception of using Hoosier E-MOD RC-4
tires. There is a 4-week limitation on this rule. If the car runs more than 4 weeks, it
must meet either Grand National rules or run full IMCA Stock Car rules
- EASTERN WISCONSIN STREET STOCK CAR RULE
Street Stocks may run in the Grand National division and must meet
Eastern Wisconsin Street Stock rules. (No minimum weight).
Drivers must be at least 16 years of age. 14
and 15 year olds may race with prior approval from PDTR Office and
PDTR Insurance Company.
- Wing window bars (mandatory)
- Wheel base (108" minimum)
- Mandatory safety plating (1/2" steel minimum)
- Stock frame this point forward
- Rear frame tail section (2: x 3: x .095 wall steel tubing)
- Fuel cell can (mandatory) (Material: 20 gauge steel)
- Foot area protection bar (mandatory)
- Dark shaded bars may be .065 1-1/2" K.065 min.
- All cages must have these front & rear support hoops/bars
- Braced .065 fuel cell guard
- Approved racing window net (mandatory)
- Recommended door/bar length 44"
- 2, door/bar uprights between each door/bar (mandatory)
- 4, door/bars evenly spaced on driver's side (mandatory)
**Note** All driver's side door/bar material minimum 1-2/4" x .095"
- Frame plating material (4" x 1/8") flat strip steel
- Roll cage main/hoop setback 82-1/2" measured from center of lower ball/joint to
back of main/hoop tubing
- Mandatory x-brace (choose 1, no mixing of materials)
- Driver's compartment safety bar (same material as x-brace)
- Fuel cell safety straps (min. 4), 1" x 1/8" strap steel
- Tail section replacement same dimensions as stock frame
- Floor plate 1/8" steel place, minimum width 20" at seat.
**NOTE** x-brace must tie in to original frame, not frame plating.
- It is highly recommended that the main hoop (vertical
to frame) be 39" from the top of the frame. Floor pan must be mounted to
the top of the X bracing.
- Door-bars should be flush to door panel (with the body)
- Door-bar height , minimum 20" high from top of frame.
- Floor pan, minimum 20" wide in driver's seat area.
- Extra main hoop/head rest bar (optional).
- Cross-bar recommended height 20" (for shoulder harness)
- Roof-hoop to fit roof side to side, minimum length 34"
- Roll-cage width same as stock frame width.